Thursday, July 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday: China Glaze Sea Spray

Today, I have oldie for you that turned into an unexpected favorite. I bought China Glaze Sea Spray when it came out in the Anchors Away spring 2013 collection. This was not a polish I ever would typically wear, and was really skeptical about wearing it. I remember putting it on, and not really feeling it.

When I went out I got lots compliments on this nail color. A few compliments turned me around on the color, and it became a favorite of mine. How could I not like a color I got so many compliments on?

Sea Spray
Sea Spray is a pale grey-blue with a soft silvery/blue shimmer.

Color: Sea Spray is a beautiful shade. I love how they incorporated this shimmer in this soft shade. I don't see this often especially in recent years. I know pastel-shimmers can easily go frosty or pearly, if not done right. This is a proper shimmer

Formula: Not my favorite formula here. This isn't the worst formula, but I found this one really likes to pool up in the cuticles, and applies a bit streaky and uneven. I used 3 coats here. I would of preferred an easier to apply formula.

Price: A Google search will give you many options to purchase this in the $3.50-$7.00 range.

Overall: Beautiful color. I love the soft shimmer against this pale grey-blue. I also love that this isn't a type of color and finish that I have seen much this year. I like to break out some older trends. The formula is lacking, but it's still an old favorite of mine.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 Paint Splatters
Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.